06 August 2015

Card of the Day for my daughter

Sitting at our favourite tattoo & piercing parlour -Phantom 8- my daughter and I waited for her turn to be pierced. I shuffled the cards and asked her to draw one. She asked something to the effect of, "What will tomorrow be like?"







She drew "death" from The Wild Unknown Tarot  -my frequent "go-to" deck. All of the imagery is graphic, stark, intuitive. I love that I can look at one way & see symbolism pertinent to a reading, or look at it from a different perspective & the light/shadow of the design leads my eyes to see something totally different yet meaningful. Further, if I take a snap with my camera, I will see yet another perspective. Love it!



Well, here is another example of the tarot giving the querent exactly what they asked for. Death in tarot is rarely indicative of an actual, physical death. More likely, it symbolizes a transformation of some sort. Quite literally, my daughter was at that moment in time going through a "death", a transformation. She was getting a piercing -altering her body, "transforming" so to speak. The reading didn't necessarily correspond with the next day, but what was on her mind in that moment. The card, of course, would be appropriate for the following day, but it really was an "in the moment " reading. My daughters all kind of poo poo my interest in the mystical; I can only hope that because their readings are usually spot on, that they will one day come around to thinking of tarot & divination as being more than just, "oh, mom's doing 'her thing' again."

No comments:

Post a Comment