06 August 2015

Manifesting and as the world turns

One of the assignments for the Going Pro class that I'm taking is to write a bio for myself. I started mine in June and realized that I hadn't finished it yet. It's also something that I have to do for Biddy Tarot for the Reader's Network, which I've signed up to do for at least three months. So I sat down this afternoon to finish writing my bio. I have to make it more concise because what I wrote out was fairly comprehensive from childhood until now. What I realize is that I've been manifesting my goals & my life for as long as I can remember -long before The Secret was popular.

My earliest memory of manifestation was in elementary school and it was huge. Some might scoff and call it coincidence. I'm not convinced. When I was young, my family lived in a small town in W. PA. From a clearing above our house, I could see a distant church steeple that was lit at night. I imagined that it was a castle. And I wished on a star many nights that we could live there. Even at that age, I was a believer in Spirit and angels, and conversed with such. I did it nightly. "Star light, star bright, first start I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." It was a ritual that completed my bedtime routine for many years. So I wished that we could move there. The summer before 4th grade, my family moved -much to my chagrin. New school, new friends, all that scary stuff. BUT it had a nugget of sweetness: we moved right beside that same church that I had wished for all those years. Yes, it could be coincidence. But out of all the places we could have moved to in that town (or outside the town, or any surrounding towns), why that particular location?? This move fueled my interest in Catholicism, Marianism, and later goddess studies, ritual, and further seeking -as seekers will do.

The bio I wrote pertains mostly to my interest in the metaphysical realm and my subsequent experiences and certifications over the years. On a "down" day, it can be very easy for me to think that I've done "nothing" with my life, or to think that my life has been stagnant the last few years. I was raised to think of "success" as something with a monetary reward and definitely associated with a 9 to 5 job. But as I read over my list of accomplishments and goals achieved since my 20s, I can see that though the journey has seemed to take a long time, I really haven't been treading water. I've been making strides slowly but surely toward my ultimate goal of reading tarot cards professionally. I'm in the beginning stages of earning money as a reader, but I've been successful in manifesting up to this point. From classes to certifications, to conventions, to finding my "tribe". It all fits together in a bigger picture. I've had to redefine what success means to me. I've had to view bumps in the road as opportunities for growth instead of setbacks in my journey.

I also have to write a resume. It will read something like this: 1994 -beginning tarot course at Community College of Allegheny County, continuing ed. Psychometry also at CCAC, continuing ed. I don't remember the tarot instructor's name other than Eileen. And the gentleman who taught psychometry is a total blank to me now.

Fast forward to 2010, I became a member of the Denver Tarot Meetup, one of the largest tarot communities in the world. In 2011, I started a weekly mentoring program with Fredda Laurel in which a small group of students gathered to learn more about psychic development and other metaphysical topics such as chakras, auras pendulums, etc. It was a great way to be re-introduced to subjects that I have had experience with but have had little training or dedicated practice. I also started taking classes through The Aspen Program for Psychic Development around this time. I finished three certificates through The Aspen Program: Psychic Mediumship, Medical Intuition, and Psychic Studies. The program was comprehensive & thorough & challenged me beyond my comfort zone. I'd recommend it to anyone who has in interest in developing their psychic abilities.

I've also been certified in Reiki I & II through Karen Fox at the Aspen Program; Reiki I through Tami Harms; Kundalini Reiki through Judith Wade; Reiki I (& finishing Reiki II) with Joy Vernon. It's not necessary to be certified multiple times, but I wanted to experience different methods of Reiki -from Western to traditional Japanese. In October, I'll be certified as a Reiki Master from Lisa Guyman; can't wait! What can I say, I'm a seeker.

I've done tarot certifications with Biddy Tarot & angel card reading certification with Doreen Virtue. I've taken tarot courses with Joy Vernon, Sherry Shone, and Katrina Wynne. I've taken some psychic development classes with Charles Cox. I've done a psychic business development course with Marcia Stanfield and, as I've mentioned before, I'm taking a professional tarot business development course with Joy Vernon. I'm considering doing a tarot business retreat with The Tarot Lady, Theresa Reed.

The Denver Tarot meetups have nearly weekly educational offerings as well as tarot socials on the weekends. What else? Hmmmmm. I've attended workshops at TarotCon Dallas 2014 and TarotCon Denver 2015.

I'm also a member of the Tarosophy Tarot Association, Tarot of the British Isles (TABI), American Tarot Association (ATA), and The Biddy Tarot Network of Readers.

I can't think of anything else. I'm interested in expanding my knowledge of astrology in order to add another dimension to my readings. And I'm taking a Thoth class with Mo Abdelbaki later this month that I'm super excited about (more on that later).

Clearly, I've been busy fueling my passion for the metaphysical. (After graduating from the University of Colorado -Boulder and more recently from cosmetology school, both goals that I had wanted to accomplish.) Loads of education. Time to put it to work for me. I had a short reading from Marcus Katz at TarotCon Dallas last year. He said to me: "Everything you need to know is inside of you. You have all the answers." Not the first time I've heard this; nothing earth shattering was revealed. But I suppose the phrase is true. Being a seeker, I could literally keep searching for more knowledge for the rest of my life. I'm not saying I would ever stop learning, but at some point, I have to say, time to hang my shingle. And so it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment